Article published on IOM website on december 2017
Since 2000, IOM has been producing world migration reports. This World Migration Report 2018, the ninth in the world migration report series is meant to better contribute to increase the understanding of current and strategic migration issues throughout the world.
It presents key data and information on migration as well as thematic chapters on highly topical migration issues, and is structured to focus on two key contributions for readers: Part I: key information on migration and migrants (including migration-related statistics); and Part II: balanced, evidence-based analysis of complex and emerging migration issues. The two parts are intended to provide both overview information that helps to explain migration patterns and processes globally and regionally, and insights and recommendations on major issues that policymakers are or soon will be grappling with.
Table of contents
• Editorial, review and production team
• List of figures and tables
• List of appendices
• Chapter 1 – Report overview: Making sense of migration in an increasingly interconnected world
Part I: Data and information on migration
• Chapter 2 – Migration and migrants: A global overview
• Chapter 3 – Migration and migrants: Regional dimensions and developments
• Chapter 4 – Migration research and analysis: Growth, reach and recent contributions
Part II: Complex and emerging migration issues
• Chapter 5 – Global migration governance frameworks: Existing architecture and recent developments
• Chapter 6 – Mobility, migration and transnational connectivity
• Chapter 7 – Understanding migration journeys from migrants’ perspectives
• Chapter 8 – Media reporting of migrants and migration
• Chapter 9 – Migration, violent extremism and social exclusion
• Chapter 10 – Migrants and cities: Stepping beyond World Migration Report 2015
Source URL: https://diplomatie-humanitaire.org/en/world-migration-report-2018/
Copyright ©2019 Diplomatie Humanitaire unless otherwise noted.